Regulations of the International Online Music Competition "Wings for Stars"
The International Online Music Competition ‘Wings for Stars’ has the following structure:
- Section A – professionals
- Section B – non-professionals
- Instrumental Music
- Folk Instrumental Music
The category ‘Instrumental Music’ includes the following instruments:
- string and bow instruments – violin, viola, cello and double bass
- wooden wind instruments – flute, clarinet, oboe, bassoon
- percussion instruments
- chamber music
The category ‘Folk Instrumental Music’ includes the instruments
- chamber music
The ‘Vocal’ category includes the specialties:
- pop and jazz
- vocal ensembles
Age groups and duration
* The age of the participant (s) is taken into account on the day of submission of the Application Form.
Categories 1, 2 and 3:
- Group I – up to 7 years incl. (up to 5 minutes)
- Group II – 8 to 10 years incl. (up to 7 minutes)
- Group III – 11 to 13 years incl. (up to 9 minutes)
- Group IV – 14 to 16 years incl. (up to 12 minutes)
- Group V – 17 to 19 years. incl. (up to 20 minutes)
- Group VI – 20 – 25 years. incl. (up to 25 minutes)
- Group VII – 25 years + (up to 30 minutes)
* The age groups of the ensembles are determined by the average age of the participants.
** Age group VII is open only to participants in the ‘Amateurs’ section.
*** For a beatboxing specialty, the video must be 90 seconds
The age category of groups and formations is formed according to the majority of the participants. With 50% and more of them falling within a specific category, the whole ensemble belongs to it.
All participants in the “Wings for Stars” contest will receive a diploma of participation.
Prize-winning participants and their teachers will receive laureate diplomas, and our laureates will also receive vouchers from our partner Creative Studio Agency https://creativestudioagency.com/ worth:
- -50% discounts on their services for all 1st prize laureates,
- 30 % discount on their services for 2nd prize laureates and
- 10% for all 3rd prize laureates
The participants awarded the Grand Prix, will be presented a cash prize of BGN 200, as well as a voucher from our partners. First Prize and Grand Prix winners will receive -50% discounts 1from optional workshop organized Foundation ” Flight of Stars”.
Prizes will be awarded according to strict criteria based on a points system that is as follows:
100 points – Grand Prix ‘Wings for Stars’
90 – 99 points – 1 Golden Wings Award
80 – 89 points – 2nd prize ‘Silver wings’
70 – 79 points – 3 awards ‘Bronze wings’
60 – 69 points – ‘Flying Wings’ incentive prize
Special awards from the Foundation and partners:
We are happy to inform you that in the second edition of the contest, in addition to discount vouchers for all laureates, our partners at Creative Studio Agency https://creativestudioagency.com/ also provide 3 SPECIAL PRIZES!
- Video clip (based on selected location/studio with included video editing) worth BGN 3500,
- Photo session worth BGN 700
- Video business card (with included video montage) worth BGN 500
Audience Award * (two prizes will be awarded in each category:
- 1 award for video likes on our Youtube channel
- 1 award for video shares from our Youtube channel with the hashtag #wingsforstars2023 added.
* All videos will be uploaded to our Youtube channel after the submission deadline, and the public will have a limited time to cast their vote ).
** The videos with the highest number of shares and likes will receive the audience award and will participate in the selection for the 3 SPECIAL AWARDS from our partner Creative Studio Agency https://creativestudioagency.com/
So quickly like and share the videos of your favorites!
Special award for the best performance of a work by a Bulgarian composer.
Special award for the best performance of a song in Bulgarian.
Award of the “Flight of the Stars” Foundation – a one-time scholarship in the amount of BGN 200.
Award from our partner Artistic Musarto Academy.
Categories 1, 2 and 3:
Soloists – EUR 48. For solo participants applying in other specialties, again with a solo performance, the fee for the second specialty is EUR 22, and for the third – EUR 15.
– up to 2 participants – EUR 35 each
– up to 4 participants – EUR 22 each
– up to 6 participants – EUR 17 each
– up to 14 participants – EUR 12 each
– over 15 participants – EUR 8 each
If you wish a review by the chairman of the jury, EUR 30 will be charged.
Early birds (until 07.04.2023) will have a 20% discount on the participation fee.
Reviews are not subject to discounts.
For solo participants, applying in other categories/specialties again with a solo performance, each subsequent participation fee is worth EUR 22 for categories 1,2,3.
Participants with a TELC receive a 50% discount on the competition fee (upon sending the TELC decision to our e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org in advance).
Rules for participation:
- Artists select up to two works within the duration for the age group to which they belong. In case of exceeding the set duration – the performance will not be taken into account.
- Works in category 1 (Instrumental Music) and category 2 (Folk Instrumental Music), section A (Professionals) must be performed on an acoustic instrument and without sheet music (by heart). The percussion instruments are played without sheet music, except for the membrane ones! There are no restrictions for works in Category 1 and Category 2, section B (Amateurs), but playing from memory will be taken into account by the jury.
- The video can be shot with a phone, video camera, tablet, etc., and must be done in an environment free of unnecessary noise and sound. It should include the hands (for instrumentalists) and the performer’s face. For the ‘Vocal’ category, the video must be shot at full length, with a central camera. Videos for all categories should not include editing from different angles.
- For all categories, the video must be shot without interruption, the performances must be recorded in one file and no editing or corrections through quality processing are allowed. The video must be specially created for the “Wings for Stars” contest and cannot be from a concert performance.
- For the category “Vocal”, instrumentals that include backing vocals repeating the main melody are not allowed. Videos accompanied by a musical instrument and instrumentals without any vocals are allowed. In the beatbox specialty, the video must be 90 seconds, without editing. Videos with and without a microphone, as well as with and without vocals in the performance, are allowed. Musicality in the performance, rhythmicity, creativity, and technique will be monitored.
- Cynical expressions and gestures are not tolerated (specifically for the category ‘Vocal’). Failure to comply with the rule will result in the disqualification of the participant.
- Before submitting a Request for Participation, the video must be uploaded to a file-sharing platform and a download link must be attached. The link should be valid for no less than 5 days from the date of submission of the Application for Participation. We recommend using file-sharing platforms like wetransfer.com or similar. Videos submitted via Youtube.com will not be accepted!
- The link to the video is entered in the Application Form. The deadline for submitting the application is May 31, 2023. Documents sent after this date will not be accepted
- Only those who have paid the participation fee to the following bank account are accepted as registered participants:
Bank: Unicredit Bulbank
For: Flight of Stars Foundation
Individual participants include their name, category, and specialty as additional information to the wire transfer.
Ensembles jointly pay their participation fee. Please include the name of the ensemble (if any) or the name of the leader, category, and specialty as additional information for the wire transfer.
All transaction fees are the responsibility of the contest participants!
- The results will be announced by July 02, 2023. on the competition website. Reviews will be sent by e-mail by 20.07.2023.
- The judges reserve the right not to award all prizes. Its decisions are final and not subject to discussion.
- The organizers reserve the right to change the deadlines in circumstances beyond their control. By submitting the application for participation, the candidates agree to this condition.
- Participation fees and review fees are non-refundable.
- Participants with a TELC receive a 50% discount on the competition fee (upon sending the TELC decision to our e-mail: email@example.com in advance).
How to apply:
- Record a video that meets the rules for participation (one for each performance), upload it on the Internet, and prepare a link to it, which is valid for at least 5 days from the submission of the application. You will need this link when filling out the Application Form. We recommend that you use one of the file-sharing platforms such as wetransfer.com
- Fill in your Application form (to be filled in for each individual participation).
- Pay the required participation fee by bank transfer, no later than 5 days from the date of submission of the Application for Participation. The bank account is specified in the Rules for Participation.
Applications are considered valid only after all the necessary conditions for application have been met.